When we introduced the new Deep Sonar speaker system collection, we featured our first ever control box unit to make your user experience better and easier than ever before. This box delivers a greater level of convenience by allowing you to easily connect your wires, adjust volume/bass/treble, switching between sound inputs, and easier access to your computer peripherals such as microphone and headset.
For gamers especially, having to crawl under your desktop to connect your gaming headphones into the tower was never fun. All of the speaker cables are also detachable to make connecting, moving, and readjusting the cables even more effortless.
In this article, we're going to show you step by step how to setup and use the Deep Sonar control box so that you can enjoy our signature Arion Legacy sound.
1) Understanding the Features of the Control Box
- USB Port - Can be used to charge devices such as your mobile phone
- Headset Port - Use your headset by connecting it to this port
- Microphone Port - Connect your microphone here but also
- Source 2 Input - Connects to Source 2 audio device via the 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable
- Source Switch - Switch between audio sources 1 and 2 (Blue for 1, Red for 2)
- Bass/Treble/Volume - Adjust your bass, treble, and volume via the dial knobs
- Mic Output - Connect to your PC tower via the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable
- DC IN - Connects to the power adapter.
- Audio L/R Input - Connects to Source 1 audio device via the 3.5mm to RCA cable
- Audio L/R Output - Connects to the satellite speakers
- Subwoofer Port (2 x on the ARDS750) - Connects to the subwoofer unit. On the ARDS750, there are 2 ports for the subwoofer.
2) Setting Up for Basic Computer
If you're looking to only set up basic sound for your computer, you'll simply connect everything except the MIC OUTPUT on the rear. All of the wires are color coded on the control box and also the subwoofer and satellite units. The L/R input would connect to your PC/laptop via the 3.5mm to RCA cable.
Frequently Asked Questions
I tried to connect the microphone to the control box but it's not working properly. What is wrong?
Connecting your microphone to the control box alone will not make it work. The control box is only an extension. You will have to connect the MIC OUTPUT to your PC via the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.
Do I need an amplifier?
No, you do not need an amplifier with our speaker system. The control box acts as one and will drive power to your headphones even if it is off (by pass thru).
Can this be used to connect to TV/gaming consoles?
Yes, it can.
My control box is having issues with the power button. What can I do?
The bright side is that you no longer have to ship the entire unit back for replacements. Send back the control box back to us and we'll get a replacement for you. To file an RMA for your control box, create a support ticket at http://support.arionlegacy.com.